Code of Practice
It’s not about being better than someone else. It’s about being better than you were yesterday.
Paul is passionate about helping others to be the best they can be. He therefore guarantees the highest levels of professionalism to build trust and create the environment for success. With regard to a code of practice, Paul will:
- Endeavour to understand your expectations and that of any sponsor and seek to reach agreement on how we achieve success.
- Ensure that the duration of the contract is appropriate to achieve the agreed goals.
- Accurately and honestly represent his professional qualifications, experience, training, certifications and accreditations.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to all information, with the exception being when a person is at significant risk to themselves or others or when illegal or unethical actions are intended. In such a case the details will be discussed with you prior to any release.
- Store and dispose of, any records regarding you in a manner that promotes confidentiality, security and privacy, and complies with all applicable laws.
- Be aware of the potential for conflicts of interest of either a commercial or personal nature arising through the working relationship and deal with them professionally.
- Respect your right to terminate the engagement at any point in the process, subject to any agreements notice period.
- Engage in developmental activities that are likely to increase Paul’s abilities and self-awareness in relation to equality and diversity.
On a scale of 1 -10 how effective do you believe you were last week?
The psychology of the above statement means that most people will answer with a score of either 7 or 8. Essentially, we don’t want to appear too confident and perhaps be challenged. Likewise, we do not want to suggest that we are inexperienced or failing. So, if you avoid 7 or 8 what do you score now?
Is it time to unleash your potential and be better than you were yesterday?